Friday, February 24, 2017

Critiquing of an author

        According to Dan Mangan, on "CNBC", there was a decrease number of voters who opposed to Obamacare. In his article, Dan mentioned that president trump among other republicans in the congress wanted to repeal Obamacare and replace it with a new health-care. However, this might upset a lot of people who are currently insured with Obamacare and can not afford to pay out of pocket. Dan stated for a fact that, "a total of 45% registered voters say they approve of Obamacare, compared to 45% who oppose the law." That leaves the other 10% undecided whom could be on either side.
        The Affordable Care Act "ACA" has benefited a lot of Americans by providing insurance to help them get necessary treatment for almost at no cost. I am currently insured with Obamacare and it has helped me a lot. I know I wouldn't be able to afford paying for my health cost if I didn't have any insurance. I take three different kind of medicine to help me with my symptoms and one of the medicine costs a little over $2,000 and needs to be refilled every month. The medicine is really important for me and without it I would really struggle to stay healthy. This is why I am so thankful for having an insurance pay for my medicines and hospital bills. For a fact, Dan stated that "Obamacare supporters retort that the law has expanded coverage to 20 million Americans." Dan gave short and clear understanding on approximately how many people could get affected by trumps idea and he provided different facts from different collected data.

No comments:

Post a Comment